Per the Trib:
Shutting down Megatron transformed into another high honor for Charles Tillman.
The Chicago Bears cornerback was named the NFC’s Defensive Player of the Week for the second time in three weeks after putting the clamps on Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson on Monday night. Tillman held Johnson to three catches for 34 yards in the Bears’ 13-7 win. Johnson was targeted 11 times and looked nowhere near his usual self.
The 6-foot-2 Tillman, who shadowed the 6-foot-5 Johnson all over the field, had two pass deflections and two forced fumbles. He also was named Defensive Player of the Week in Week 5 after returning an interception for a score against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
The 31-year-old Tillman, who was named to his first Pro Bowl last season, seems destined for another Pro Bowl this season.
“He’s just such a big guy that he can play in the slot, he can play outside,” teammate Brian Urlacher said of Tillman. “He’s just so smart. He’s a great corner.”
- fullofmellarky reblogged this from bearsfansonline
- bosoxfan likes this
- strellsbury reblogged this from swarleyandsparkles
- jay--cutler likes this
- swarleyandsparkles reblogged this from bearsfansonline
- mommabearof5 likes this
- ericrivera81 reblogged this from bearsfansonline
- changoskin likes this
- chicagonightsstay reblogged this from bearsfansonline
- chicagonightsstay likes this
- fight-from-within reblogged this from bearsfansonline
- everythingturnstoashes reblogged this from bearsfansonline
- bearsfansonline posted this